Mike is a very experienced litigation attorney who has handled a wide range of matters over the course of his career. Mike’s strength is in the efficient intake and analysis of disputes, identifying the key factors at the early stages of a case in order to best prepare both the client and the case for the most favorable possible outcome. Mike has spent many years advising, counseling and representing clients in civil matters, specializing in professional responsibility and corporate governance issues, as well as matters involving entity formation and governance, distribution contracts, employment termination compensation, eminent domain valuation, malicious prosecution and other forms of secondary liability.
Mike graduated from the University of California, San Diego, in 1987, and from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1990.
- Represented public employee pension system in public employee class action litigation regarding pension benefit funding, litigation with plan sponsors regarding pension funding liabilities, Securities and Exchange Commission Investigation, U.S. Department of Justice Investigation, State Attorney General Investigation, County District Attorney Investigation, as profiled in While America Aged, by Roger Lowenstein.
- Represented national energy trading company in antitrust and class action litigation.
- Defended large regional law firms and prominent national attorneys in legal malpractice and fraud trials.
- Represented international real estate development and construction company in multi-million-dollar real estate development trial.
- Represented consortium of European composites manufacturers in arbitration of intellectual property development and ownership dispute arising from construction of U.S. warships.
- Represented financial products company in fraud action against major commercial bank.
- Represented shipping logistics company in trade secret misappropriation action.
- Defended large specialty lines insurer in declaratory relief and unfair claims handling practices actions.
Professional Affiliations and Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Central Districts of California
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association