Mary Wyman maintains a practice focused on corporate advisement and commercial litigation. Mary’s goal is to provide a complete representation individually tailored to each client’s needs, from counseling her clients on non-litigation matters and attempting to resolve disputes early on, to providing vigorous representation throughout the litigation process and at trial. Mary’s experience as an ardent corporate advisor and skilled litigator allows her to serve as outside general counsel to many clients.
Mary’s focus in commercial litigation ranges from complex multi-party business litigation to simple contract disputes. Mary has extensive experience in lender liability, business torts, contract enforcement claims, contract defense claims, and real estate related disputes. She has been successful in numerous trials where she obtained beneficial outcomes for her clients.
Complimenting her commercial litigation experience, Mary’s practice also includes trust and probate litigation, as well as corporate and real-estate transaction matters. This multi-faceted approach enables Mary to provide a full-service representation to her clients.
- Advises individual clients and businesses on matters regarding general liability and business litigation
- Represents clients in all manner of contract disputes and business torts
- Represents financial institutions and private lenders in lender liability actions
- Represents guarantors in the defense of guaranty enforcement actions and proceedings
- Obtained defense verdict for financial institution against $20 million claim for fraud
- Obtained defense verdict for investment advisory firm in action for securities fraud
- Represents national and international retailers in commercial lease disputes
- Represents clients in partnership and corporate disputes
- Represents investment advisers and registered representatives in securities matters and FINRA arbitrations
Mary received her Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego School of Law in 2008, where she served as a member on the International Law Journal. Prior to joining WMA, Mary worked as an attorney at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP in their San Diego office. Her areas of practice included complex commercial litigation, real estate disputes, professional liability, and general liability matters.
Professional Admissions and Affiliations
- Admitted to practice in all California State Courts, and Federal District Courts for the Southern, Northern, and Central Districts of California
- Admitted to practice in all New York State Courts
- Mary is a member of the State Bar of California, the State Bar of New York, and the San Diego County Bar Association.